This blog just came about to fulfill a life goal of financial freedom. The freedom from working 9-5 work weeks, that often include overtime. The freedom to leave the corporate world and work for myself. The freedom to help me and my family to do whatever we want to do. In other words, own the time I have in this life and not waste it.
For this post, I want to specifically look at the year 2015. I definitely think that all of us should set goals for the year and if you haven’t, start today. It’s never to late to start.
The best time to plant a tree is 10 years ago. The second best time is today.
Setting a goal is a way to keep myself accountable to myself, but posting it online will make me accountable to you too and if nothing else its human nature to not want to disappoint. It will help motivate me and work harder to achieve these goal.
My goals are meant to develop and challenge me. Setting simple goals will be easy to complete but feel less fulfilling. But if you set a tough goal, you will grow as a person, learn more about yourself, test yourself, and even if you fail and come up short you will have come much farther than you were before.
Now I have a huge interest of finances, which you will discover thru this blog. So of course there will be financial goals for 2015. However, the finance part of life is not everything here in life (hah, see what I did there?). I want to have a healthy lifestyle and try new and different things. Therefore, you will see a lot more goals below that I will attempt to accomplish. I challenge you to not only come up with tough goals but in areas you might not have thought about before but always wanted to try.
Onwards to the goals for 2015:
- I want to increase my stock portfolio’s value with 150.000 SEK to 320.000 SEK. That’s roughly 38.000-40.000 $ in total (Wow, the value of the dollar is crazy right now).
- I want a net worth of 850.000 SEK at the end of the year. (Roughly 95.000-100.000 $)
- Find a new job. (I don’t feel motivated or challenged at work anymore)
- Bench press 100 kg (about 220 lbs)
- Run a 5 km in 22 min or less and 10 km in 50 min or less.
- Learn salsa (what?)
- Learn Spanish
- Travel to London
- Travel somewhere outside of Europe
- Consistently blog for a full year.
That’s about 10 goals that I would like to accomplish this year. Tell me your goals for the year. Let me know if you have similair goals and lets challange eachother.