Wow, The Liebster Award. First of I would like to thank Chasing Gains for giving me this nomination and a chance of answering his questions. I love the fact that this PF blog is able to connect me, a Swede, to another finance blogger that lives on the other side of the globe in Australia. He is a young Australian that will share his interest and gains in both finance and fitness. You should definitely check him out.
The Liebster award is given between blogs to help new blogs introduce themselves and find a network of like-minded blogs. After a quick google search I found out that it’s believed to be a German blog that started it. Which makes sense since Liebster mean dearest in German. Also, there are a few rules that apply which I “borrowed” from Chasing Gains).
Liebster Award rules
The rules are simple:
- You are to share 11 facts about yourself so readers can get to know you better.
- Mention has to be made to the person that nominated you;
- Answer the 5-11 questions that were asked by the person that nominated you;
- Nominate another 3-5 bloggers to receive the Liebster Award and ask them 5-11 questions;
- Let your nominees know either by leaving a comment on their blog, sending them an email, calling them out on social media, etc.
11 Great things about me:
- I love American football. I follow the NFL whenever possible. It is not that easy to follow from Sweden as it’s not a usual sport here at all. Although, it is growing in popularity, slowly. I also found college football to be as much if not even more entertaining as the big league.
- I have studied abroad in China for a semester. I had an exchange program in my university college that allowed me to go to Ningbo University in Ningbo, China. It was an amazing experience and a completely different culture. I really want to go back and see more of China. I don’t even think a year would be enough to see all of China.
- I’m from the country side I grew up in a rural village in the south of Sweden with just a few neighbors. I spent the first 18 years of my life there. The idea is to one day hopefully go back there and maybe spend some retirement years breathing the fresh air and enjoy the wildlife. But for now the big city is where I want and need to be.
- Trying to learn Spanish, I would love to spend more time on the other side of the Atlantic and I’m trying to learn more about the language that most countries in South America use.
- I’m a chocoholic, I guess the first step of recovery is to admit that you have a problem. I just love chocolate. I’m grateful that I like running and hitting the gym as well.
- Another guilty pleasure of mine is to listen to Funk and Motown. I enjoy that old school as much as the latest single by Avicii.
- I’ve started an unhealthy taste for great wine. It would be so much cheaper for me and my gf to not enjoy wine as much as we do. Although, I do believe in indulging oneself every now and then. Australia has a lot of great wines as well.
- In one of my previous jobs I worked at a brewery. I loved it. I worked in the finance department and had a great group of colleges. The best part was that in the office lobby there was a bar for the employees, which I might have spent a couple of hours at every other Friday. One day I would like to have my own beer. Maybe create a small micro brewery or start-up.
- I’ve taken up sailing. Last summer I tried sailing for the first time ever. It was amazing, even though the first day of sailing the winds were too strong and the boat felt like it would capsize. Imagine sitting on the side of a boat that is tilting at least 60 degree angle. I guess that’s like starting by jumping in at the deep end.
- I have a goal of travelling to all Continents. I’ve currently been to four. Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. I thought I would have ticked of North America by now??
- Want more time and space for carpentry. I really want more time for my hobby that I started last fall. Trying to build things by yourself gives a feeling of accomplishment. There’s just not enough time for it at the moment. Nor enough space in my apartment.
Questions from ChasingGains:
1. If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why? That’s easy. Australia of course!! i would love to visit down under and experience everything the country has to offer. If it wasn’t for all the deadliest animals and critters in the world I’m sure I would have gone already. Quick question, is surfing anything like snowboarding? 😉
2. Favourite activity to do on weekends? Whenever I can find time to I would work out or go for a run. There are so many “have to” and “should do” that gets in the way. So whenever I can put my headphones on and go for a run I’m excited.
3. You win $10 million in the lotto, how do you spend, save or invest it? I would invest $6 millions, (3 million in dividend stocks, 2 million in Emerging markets like Turkey, India, Brasil if they get their act together, and finally 1 million in short-term bonds). $2 millions would be funny money that I would spend on travel, houses, cars, sailing, diving, and other more expensive habits. The last $2 millions I would share with family and give to a good cause.
4. Favourite memory as a kid? That’s going to be the Christmas I spend at my grandparents house. They live a bit north in Sweden and it was always the classic snowy white christmas with great food and of course the gifts. I would love to create the same type of tradition for my own future family.
5. Why did you start blogging? It’s something that’s been on my mind for a while now. i already read a lot of personal finance blogs and got very inspired by their writing. So finally after some contemplating I wanted to share my journey as well and hold myself accountable for the goals I have.
6. What is your favorite place that you have visited? Marocco in Africa. It’s an amazing country with a whole lot to offer. A lot of sand too…..
7. If money wasn’t a factor, what would be your dream job? Retirement of course!! But if I have to pick something to work with in the future it would be property developer. Not just developing one building but to transfer a city block into something beautiful and being responsible for changing something that would last a lot longer then myself.
8. What is your overall goal in life? Other than financial freedom, which is my main goal. It would be to find my place in the world, raise a happy family and give back as much as possible. I would love to leave a legacy of some sort. The question is just what kind of legacy. (Insert evil laughter here).
I nominate FervantFinance, A man of my own age and working in the same field as me. I enjoy his post a lot and so should you.
There is also Lifestyle Accountant that I would like to nominate. Mr Lifestyle has an interesting blog where he shares his love for credit cards and escape from his cubicle. I hope he will share even more interesting facts about himself.
- What’s the long term goal with your blog?
- What is one thing you’re really good at?
- What is one thing that you really dislike?
- If there is a heaven and god himself greeted you at the pearly gates, what would you ask him?
- What is the best prank you’ve done or experienced?
- If money and time wasn’t an issue, where would you spend New Years Eve 2020?
- If money wasn’t a problem, what would you spend your time doing?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
This was a fun post to write. I hope you got to know me a little better and that you enjoyed it as much as me. Happy April’s fools everyone!